No, my friend, this post is so that I never forget how supremely happy I am at this moment. My memory may be depriving every previous happy moment of my life of its glory, but I really do think I can honestly say that this is the happiest moment of my life. However, years or months or weeks or days from now, I won't be able to recall my exact state of happiness. Consider this a virtual Stonehenge of my emotional state.
The thing about this moment of happiness is that it was unprovoked. It was not triggered by a single substantial even. Instead, an accumulation of "little things"** accounts for my joy. I can't even list every little reason why I feel like hugging every thing that moves. But I can definitely try.
- I spent hours doing nothing in the dining hall on Saturday with one of my best friends in the entire world. She's wonderful. She's probably the most substantiating catalyst for my happiness.
- I can say I have multiple best friends. I usually tend to fixate on one person, but I have several people who are incredibly near to me.
- I got my nook back. Honestly, I'm not a big fan of the piece of crap, but I use a friend's server to download the New York Times every day. And then, I feel less apathetic than I did whilst living in the ironic bubble of higher education. And also, I get awesome conversation every time I get the paper. And by awesome conversation, I mean exposure to current memes.
- I went to the mall with three friends. And we freaked out about cable-knit sweaters. Sweaters are beautiful vestiges. And I got gloves. From the men's section. I feel rebellious when I wear items sold in the men's section.
- Saturday night, about 15-20 people from my dorm watched Zombieland together. It's such a wonderful movie. And then, we went outside and bearhugged. Not around our thighs, mind you. And when it was too cold, we came back inside, and played "Would You Rather". And then we shared secretzzzz.
- I went to sleep. Naked. Because my roommate wasn't there. I mean, I love my roommate to death. But nakedness is wonderful.
- I skyped with my little brother. My brother is my favorite person in the world, no question.
- I skyped with my best friend from home. Who is evidently crocheting me something. But I really don't care because I just love talking to her and spending time with her.
- I got paid $80. That's like 20-30 meals. Or ~32 MARTA rides. Or 3-4 concerts. Or half of a textbook.
- I had intellectually-stimulating conversation about the value of life. My intellect was stimulated.
I really do not want to forget exactly how I feel right now. I just want to package my emotions in a bottle and seal it tightly so that when I want to feel this happy, the fizz won't fall flat. I also want to dance.
Oh. Also, I love you. Unless you're one of the three people in the world that I hate with a burning passion. But, I mean, statistically, it's unlikely that you are. So I probably love you. Consider this a virtual hug.
** Pardon my ripping off Zombieland.